The way you start you day is so important and though I don’t know the exact science behind waking up on the wrong side of the bed, I do know that these tips work for me over and over and over again. And did I mention that for me they are non-negotiable. Try them out right away and do them every day in April to make them your own and make them habitual.
1. Make your bedroom a vortex of calm. Ditch the screens in bed, no tweeting, to do-ing, no watching TV or any of that. Create a nighttime routine in the bedroom, a cup of tea, a good book, a loving conversation with your partner before bed.
2. Spend 20 minutes every morning learning & getting inspired. The more you know, the more you can achieve. Knowledge and inspiration feed your motivation and hunger for life. So read that book, watch that ted talk, listen to that podcast, do whatever it takes to expand your knowledge.
3. Get outside every day. The morning sun is especially good for waking you up, clearing any “wrong side of the bed” symptoms, and the fresh air in your lungs will feed your energy all day.
4. Sweat every day. By exercising daily, we strengthen our brains and make magic happen; the dopamine released heightens our motivation, the serotonin makes us happy and our metabolic rate increases. Like I said, magic!
5. Make a time every day to you honor and love yourself. Maybe it’s when you get ready and look in the mirror, tell yourself how beautiful you are. Or when you are getting your sweat on and you are impressed at how incredible of a machine your body is. Or while you are taking time to learn in the morning and are so grateful for your amazing mind. You are incredible. Tell yourself about it and believe it girl.
6. Keep a gratitude journal. Each night before bed write down 10 things you are grateful for and why.
Hope you enjoyed my tips and tomorrow is a bright happy morning!
P.S. Knowing my purpose and what elevates me is another thing that has added to my waking up happy. When I am in tune with what drives me, I can call on my courage, strength and creativity. I will be hosting an online event open to anyone and would love to have you there. It is sure to be inspiring. It’s free! Just CLICK HERE for the details.